From decor organization to pest prevention, here are our best tips to get your home ready for a stress-free holiday!
1) Do a Clean Sweep
Nothing is worse than spending valuable time searching for your holiday printed napkins only to find them five minutes before guests arrive, covered in last year’s fruitcake crumbs! Avoid the stress by taking a weekend to pull out everything you might need for the holiday season, take an inventory, make sure everything is ready to use! Be sure to store everything somewhere organized and accessible to make next year even easier!
2) Throw Out Dated Decor
While you’re doing your clean sweep, it’s also a good idea to throw out any items that are a little worn out or unused. Unless it’s an heirloom, or holds specific sentimental value, make things easy on yourself and part ways with things like chipped glasses, burned out lights and broken plastic pumpkins. Decluttering your environment can create a more peaceful setting for both your guests and you.
If you have things that are still in good shape, but simply aren’t used anymore, get into the holiday spirit and donate anything you think another family may be able to use to brighten their home!
3) Avoid Pesty Party Crashers
With more people in your home than usual, the corners of your house are going to be getting more attention than usual. Ensure there aren’t any critters hiding in them by doing a little pre-holiday preparation:
- Remove cobwebs in the corners of your walls with a cloth.
- Put all food in airtight containers for pantry pest control.
- Consider professional pest control prevention services for protection all season long!
Don’t forget — dinner parties tend to result in more crumbs making their way onto floors, so be sure to do a deep clean after any food-focused holiday gatherings to avoid roaches, ants, spiders and other common household pests.
4) Get Festive
The more holiday-ready your home looks, the more cheery you’ll feel. Pick a weekend and get to work setting your home up for maximum holiday fun. A few of our favorite ideas include:
- Rearrange furniture for open and inviting gathering space.
- Set out decorations that double as party favors or snacks.
- It’s never too early to start baking, buying and eating holiday treats!
- Take time to make fun, festive crafts with your family to display. The kids will love it!
5) Kick Back, Relax, and Enjoy Time with Loved Ones!
While it's easy to get caught up in the stress of entertaining, socializing and finding the ‘perfect’ gifts, taking time to have fun and make lasting memories is the true spirit of the holidays. We encourage playing games, making crafts, eating treats, and enjoying the best time of the year! No matter how you like to celebrate, the most important thing is to surround yourself with the people you love.