Why Are There Ants in My Kitchen?
The kitchen area is one of an ant’s favorite spots in your home and an infestation is something all homeowners will likely experience at some point. Wondering why do I have ants in my kitchen? Here are 5 questions you should ask yourself:
- Why Do I Have Ants In My Kitchen?
- How Are Ants Getting Into My Kitchen?
- How Do I Get Rid Of Ants?
- Have You Sought Professional Help to Get Rid of Ants?
1. Why Do I Have Ants In My Kitchen?
While ants may seem like unwanted pests, understanding what attracts them can help you keep them out of your kitchen. Ants are attracted to kitchens for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Kitchens are typically warm and humid, which ants find appealing.
- Abundant food supply, ants are especially attracted to sweets.
- A lot of surfaces, ants are drawn to the vertical surfaces of cabinets and countertops.
- Constant water source, ants need water to survive.
2. How Are Ants Getting Into My Kitchen?
That broken window seal, slight crack beneath your door, or opening around your piping is an open invitation telling ants “enter here!”. Ants can fit in the smallest crevices, many of which you don’t even see or realize. Visually inspect around doors and windows, making sure trim is not bent, screens have no holes, and there is no visible damage. Also check cable, pipe, wire, and other openings as best you can
3. How Do I Get Rid of Ants?
Ants are one of the most common pests in the home, and they can be very difficult to get rid of. Some popular methods are to mix equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle and use it to target ant trails, sprinkling salt or baking soda around the perimeter of your kitchen or near windows and doors. If ants are coming into your home through the sink drain, pour boiling water down the drain to kill them.
However when it comes to ant control treatment and home remedies, one is not enough. These insects are extremely stubborn, highly intelligent, and live with upwards of a thousand others. Understand that repetition is key. It takes time to completely eliminate the root of an ant infestation and prevent them from returning in the near future.
4. Have You Sought Professional Help to Get Rid of Ants?
Ants are considered one of the most difficult pests to control. If you feel frustrated and overpowered by an ant army, it is time to call in the professionals. Your friends at Natural State Pest Control are ready to provide you and your home with the most affordable and effective relief so you can say goodbye to ants once and for all