Hello, we are Natural State Pest Control, a locally owned company here in Lowell, Arkansas. This year, we’re honored to announce the second annual Benn Banks Memorial Scholarship to remember an outstanding man on and off the field. In 2014, Benn was diagnosed with Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma, a very rare form of cancer that is classified as one of the "orphan" diseases because so little is known about it. Even though cancer robbed him of his voice, Benn was determined to keep up a good fight and provide positivity and encouragement to his family and community. Because Benn was a high school athlete and played collegiate football at Air Force, his family would like to honor Benn by awarding this scholarship to a student-athlete who displays the same passionate and unwavering character. The Benn Banks Memorial Scholarship is for the 2020 fall semester and will be paid directly to the winning candidate for tuition and board.
The Benn Banks Memorial Scholarship
This one-time, $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to one student based on academic excellence, involvement in athletics, and character. All eligible Northwest Arkansas high school seniors and college students are encouraged to apply online or through the mail.
Students who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Acceptance to an accredited college or university for the Fall of 2020. Enrollment for a minimum of 12 hours will be required. *Must be a high school senior or current college student
- Must possess a high school GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Must have participated as a high school student-athlete (male or female)
- Must have attended high school in Benton or Washington County Arkansas
What We’re Looking For:
We're looking for candidates who demonstrate and possess:
- Extraordinary ability to overcome obstacles
- High levels of character, courage, contribution, and commitment as a member of their team
- Ability to inspire others to excellence on and off the field
How to Apply:
We want you to showcase your academic and personal strengths. To apply, submit the following forms online or by mail:
- Completed application form
- Written essay (600 words or less) focusing on your personal character on the field, in the classroom, and in the hallway
- Recommendation letter or email
Applications can be submitted online or mailed to our office at:
Natural State Pest Control
P.O. Box 554
Lowell, AR 72745
Deadline to Apply
The scholarship application period is closed for 2020 - the deadline to apply was May 31, 2020. We will announce the winner of our second annual scholarship in June 2020. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your applications!